Saturday Dec 16

Member Login

SHC Reorganized November 16, 1953

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Schuyler Hose Company
November 16, 1953

CHARTER MEMBERS

The re-organizational meeting of the Schuyler Hose Company was held at the fire house at 8:00 p.m. on November 16, 1953 with twenty one-members present.  Membership consisted of the following thirty-six members:

Roy G. Myers – President

Donald Ernst – Vice President

Charles Glass – Treasurer

Joseph A. Sulli – Secretary

Edward Hainz – Trustee

Lloyd Decker – Trustee

Doric Wood – Trustee

Clarence King – Fire Chief

Leon R. Mathis, Jr. – Asst. Fire Chief

William Burton

Henry Coffinger

George Cole

Edward Cope

Alfred Corsetti

Dominick DeFabio

Charles Drew

Donald Eddy

Robert Fisher

Paul Gillis

Joseph Glass

Harold Hespelt

Donald Hinckley

George Martinovich

Ernst Massengale

Leon Mathis, Sr.

John McCarty

Harry Myers

Leo Nadeau

Richard Obie

John Pignatelli

Patrick Quilty

Harold Ramsden

William Thompson

Donald Trufant

Joseph Willette

Charles Youman

 

Apparatus consisted of:

  • Truck 1 – 1953 Ford Maxim

  • Truck 2 – 1948 Brockway Sanford

  • Truck 3 – 1929 Seagraves City Service Truck w/ Civil Defense Pump

 

It was established that the fire whistle would signal the following:

  • 3 blasts for a village fire

  • 2 blasts for outside the village

  • 1 blast for meetings or an emergency other than fire where the services of the firemen are needed.